You Deserve Better!
Some of you have given your hearts to the wrong people, your love to the wrong people and even your resources. After all of that sacrificing, you didn't get what you expected in return...real and genuine love from that man or woman. It's not that you were doing those things to gain their love or devotion, but you did things for them out of the kindness of your heart. Yes, I have been there and done that. I remember in my 30s I was dating a man and his situation was a hot mess. I will not go into too much depth or detail, but I can tell you that it was a situation that I should have avoided in the first place. Well, the person told me about his ex-wife and how he was treated by her and that made me feel kind of sorry for him...to a degree. Anyway, we started hanging out and I was really liking this guy and was falling hard for him. I really liked his personality and the jokes and things he would tell; he was good company for me and I started looking at him in a different light. Well, I used to pick him up and take him to work at times and pick him up for work if I was available. There was a time where it was late evening and he called me for a ride and I came to pick him up. I didn't really want to but I did because being stranded is a pain and I wanted to help. He was thankful, but I still believe a man should be able to stand on his own feet. I look back at that situationships, and I call it that because I was all in and he wasn't...I was a rebound, but I didn't know it then until years later. I used to watch his daughters while he preached and I fed them when they visited at my house, bought him some suits and shoes, as well as ties so that he would always look nice (2 suits, 2 ties and 1 pair of shoes....not cheap) and really was down for the guy. I did all that I could for him for a person I loved at the time and nothing was reciprocated, not even a real date. He ended up getting over whatever lack of confidence that he had, made a dating profile and distanced himself from me. Suddenly one day he was criticizing me about how I dressed and things like that....just out of nowhere. He broke up with me and then asked to get back together.. and then he said he just wanted to be friends. I said no. He didn't care what I felt or thought so I felt he didn't deserve my friendship. Even though it hurt, I had to move forward and move on. I repented for the relationship because God had already told me to cut it off and I stuck around. So since I didn't, I was placed in a position to be deeply hurt. After doing some self-reflection and repentance, I came to the realization that I sold myself short by giving so much too soon and sinning as well, which was a no-no in the first place. I didn't guard my heart so by not doing that, I ended up unnecessary issues in my life.Nothing good comes with being disobedient.
If you have ever been in my situation, YOU DESERVE BETTER!
Let God be God in your love life
Keep your pants up and your skirt tail down and live life the way that God expects you to do.
Let's stop walking around like we have all of the answers and remember that God has all the answers.
Dust yourself off and keep it going.
Comments
Post a Comment